2022 Prospectus for Chinese Government Scholarship Program of Lanzhou University
Lanzhou University, founded in 1909，is a comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education in China. It is also one of the key construction universities of the national "985 Project" and "211 Project", and is one of the national "double first-class" construction universities.
Lanzhou University boasts of a wide range of disciplines, covering all 12 disciplines. Currently, a total of 13 disciplines including chemistry, physics, materials science, earth science, plant zoology, mathematics, engineering, biology and biochemistry, environment and ecology, clinical medicine, medicine and toxicology, agricultural science and social science has entered the top 1% of ESI, among which the chemistry reaches the top 1‰.
In 2021, entrusted by the Chinese Ministry of Education, Lanzhou University enrolls CSC scholarship students from all over the world.
I. Applications Deadline: April 30th, 2022.
II. Studying Period: 2-3 years for master’s program and 4 years for Doctoral program. Students who choose classes taught in Chinese should have one year Chinese studying (up to 1 year).
III. Details of Scholarship:
1. Free of Tuition
2. Provide free accommodation (double room)
3. Provide stipend and RMB 800 comprehensive medical insurance
PS: Students need to buy third-party liability insurance for RMB 100/semester or RMB 200/year themselves.
IV. Qualifications for Scholarship Application
1. Non-Chinese Nationality and in good health
2. Degree and Age Requirements:
Applicants for Master Degree studies must have a Bachelor’s Degree and under the age of 35;
Applicants for Doctoral Degree studies must have a Master’s Degree and under the age of 40.
3. Have good grades and outstanding scientific research ability
4. Applicants must not accept other scholarships
5. Applicants apply Chinese taught programs require HSK Level4 180 or above (certificate is valid for 2 years)
6. Applicants apply English taught programs require IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL 80 or other proof of their English proficiency, native English speakers do not require certificate of English proficiency.
Please check the attachment 1 below for more information of majors. The major can be applied will be subjected to the approved ones by China Scholarship Council, and all programs can accept application of general or advanced visitors.
VI. Application documents:
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in English or in Chinese).
2. Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form and blood test report in English. Original forms must be presented when you come to register. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. In view of the fact that the inspection result is valid for 6 months, the applicant shall determine the time for the medical examination.
3. Notarized version of diploma and degree (Bachelor’s and above, documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations)Senior students should provide certificate which can show their expected date of graduation. Original certificate must be presented when you come to register.
4. Notarized version of applicant’s transcripts (Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations).
5. Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English by different professors or associate professors.
6. Copy or copies of any award or research can be presented to show your personal talents or achievements.
7. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application. If the applicant is unable to provide this document, as a substitute, the applicant could sign a non-criminal record commitment (Attachment 3).
8. Certificate of English or Chinese proficiency.